One of the main reasons for any IT professional is to distinguish oneself from others in virtualization community, to pursue Certified Professional 5 – Data Center Virtualization (VCP5-DCV) certification. It is one of the best ways to validate your technical expertise. Many employers these days seek VMware VCP 5.5 DCV certification holder as employees to handle specific team. Generally, VMware partner maintain a team of VCP – DCV certified professionals.
One of the main benefits is the salary potential that one gets upon attainment of VMware VCP5-DCV certification. In a recent report made on 2014 IT skills and Salary report, indicates the mean salary for IT professionals who are VCP5.5 DCV certified is $94,515 (approx.).
The official VCP5-DCV benefits are:
- Validation of your attained technical knowledge and expertise
- Official transcripts
- Use of VCP5-DCV logo
- Discounted admission to VMware events
- Invitation to beta exams and classes
- Access to the exclusive VCP portal and logo merchandise store
- Discounts from VMware Press
- Greater opportunities for career advancement
- Complimentary VMware Workstation license
In addition to it VMware VCP 5.5 DCV certification is significant in meeting certain other advance requirements, such as:
- VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 -Data Center Administration (VCAP5-DCA)
- VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5-Data Center Design (VCAP5-DCD)
- VMware Certified Design Expert 5 Data Center Virtualization (VCDX5-DCV)
Few Facts –
- VCP5-DCV is no longer required before obtaining the VCP-Desktop (VCP-DT) or VMware Certified Professional-Cloud (VCP5-Cloud) certifications.