Today’s employers require goodness of both the world, which means they seek professionals with credentials and skills in latest technologies and relevant experience as well. Taking time off from your everyday schedule to get latest IT trainings and upgrade in latest technologies is the last thing on the to-do list of many professionals. On the other hands acquiring latest technologies are increasingly in-demand in the IT industry.
Let us see the 5 reasons why keeping your IT skills up-to-date is pertinent for a flourishing IT career:
- To increase your pay - The best reason to indulge in IT training and enhance your skills is to get into highly paid job roles, and look for training in some of the more highly paid skills and earn maximum daily rate.
- New avenues and opportunities – When you are trained and certified in the most in-demand skills and technologies, you have wider opportunities and job prospects to choose from.
- Edge over the competition – Now-a-days employers are hiring professionals those who are already skilled and can directly add value to the organization. Particularly, organizations are looking for people on whom they would not have to invest more in terms of time and resources. Now employers require staff to be more skilled and expect them to add value to their existing pool of talent.
- Easy selection in recruitment process – Recruiters are advised beforehand about the specific qualifications that are needed to be considered for their role and the experience that they are looking for. One may have years of experience in a certain technology however, a particular credential if needed then your resume can be rejected in first screening. IT certifications get you easy way through the selection criteria.
- Keep you abreast in swiftly evolving technology – The rapidly evolving technologies and the creation of modern technologies every day means that as an IT professional you need to constantly evolve with evolving times to get the best out of IT market. In this economy there is no room for gaps, IT certification and re-certification is the only way out.
So, to make your IT career longer and healthier you need to leave everything and bump on your to-do list and seek all the IT certifications that you require.